(September 1999, New York) David, a 44-year-old Mineola man, was more
desperate to be rid of his flab than most. Why not save money and allow
his friend to perform amateur liposuction on him in his garage? As you
might guess, using a vacuum for liposuction is not the safest of weight
loss programs. David died in the makeshift medical clinic, the victim of a
lidocaine overdose. Anyone foolish enough to lie back and take the medical
ministrations of a unlicensed liposuctionist in his garage workshop
deserves a Darwin Award for his heedless vanity.
The fake physician apolgoized to the man's family.
DarwinAwards.com © 1994 - 2012
Submitted by: Nicolas Murat
Reference: Associated Press